The Explorer Bundle
The Explorer Bundle
The Explorer Bundle - A specially curated selection of wines produced from unique varietals, from lesser-known appellations across the wine world. If you're looking to broaden your horizons and try something new - this is the bundle for you.
This bundle contains:
- Domaine Aubert Vouvray Mousseux Brut - A unique and enticing sparkling wine from the Vouvray region located on the banks of the Loire river in France. Vouvray wines are produced from Chenin Blanc grapes in all kinds of styles - though this hand-riddled and bottle fermented Sparkling is a standout. Fresh, yet gentle with notes of brioche, and a rich creamy mousse making it an ideal, any occasion fizz.
- Markovitis Alkemi Rose - A striking and complex Greek rosé, produced from indigenous varietal Xinomavro. Often compared to grapes such as Nebbiolo and Pinot Noir, this off-piste rosé is deep pink in robe, and exerts powerful aromatics of baking spices, wild strawberries and rose petal. A brilliant wine for both rosé lovers and those looking to explore something new.
- Cantine Amato Vibrazioni Catarratto - A medium-bodied Sicilian white wine with a crisp and refreshing flavour. Ripe and juicy notes of pear, melon and grapefruit with hints of sweet cooking spices and a zesty acid line make this an all rounder, any-occassion wine.
Bodegas Lanzaga Corriente Bueno de Diario Rioja - Corriente lends it's name for an unofficial wine classification system in the Rioja region, with the term meaning 'common' or 'everyday' wine, and that's precisely what this is. This full-bodied, velvety and spicy red is produced from a field blend of Tempranillo, Graciano, and Garnacha grapes combining bright berry fruits with spicy oak and earthy notes with supple tannins. A food friendly, any occassion red.
- Kloof Street Swartland Rouge - A unique blend from the Swartland region of South Africa. A spiced and perfumed nose, with pleasant undertones of dark fruits. Each variety in the blend adds balance to the end result, with Tinta Barocca bringing tannin to the table, Cinsault brings perfumed aromatics, Carignan brings freshness and acidity, Grenache brings fruit character, and the Syrah ties it all together with structure and body.
- Bedoba Saperavi - Produced entirely from indigenous Georgian varietal Saperavi, famed for it's antiquity and history, making it one of the standout red varietals. The bold, well-structured red is a deep purple in colour, characterised by its juicy fruit character rich in cherry, blackberry and plum, with a touch of sweetness. Oak barrel aging gives this wine further depth and complexity on the finish and rounds off the tannins nicely, making this an ultra-smooth crowd pleaser.